Comprehensive list of features across various LMS
There are dozens of LMS out there and it is difficult to evaluate an LMS solution without understanding what exactly are you looking for. As a step #1 to help you with your evaluation, we have built a comprehensive list of every feature that most LMS-es support.
- Single-sign-on: Provide some sort of single sign on with tools like OKTA
- SCORM Compliance: Provide features that allow for SCORM compliant courses to be uploaded
- Multi-tenant: Application can support multiple different tenants that allow for different divisions, organizational units to sign up.
- Web conferencing: Inbuilt web conferencing platform
- Publish webinars: Adding live webinars to courses
- Tracking progress: Track progress of learners and courses
- Skill Gap Analysis Provide skill gap analysis features to highlight exactly what skills need work
- Skill Assessment: Contain a pre-course assessment for all skill development courses
- Projects: Give learners projects for the purpose of demonstrating their technical skill acquisition
- Content creation: Provides tools to create training materials for instructor-led and self-led courses
- Content Storage and Management: Provides functionality to store, organize and search all training content
- Content Libraries: Provides pre-created content (Courseware) on standard topics that can be used as part of a curriculum
- Assessments and Practice: Provides Quizzes, Testing and Software Simulations to reinforce and measure effectiveness of materials
- Content Delivery and Tracking: Includes Self-led, Instructor-led, web-based collaboration and tracking of completion for compliance
- Social Learning: Social Learning enables team members to learn by collaborating with each other
- Customer Training Training courses can be offered outside organization to customers and partners.
- Manager Portals: Manager Portals allows managers and/or parents to see progress of team members or children
- Course builder for users: Enables user to create courses.
- Role-Based Templates: Provides templates for course creation based on industry or role
- Assessments & Quizzes: Enables the design and administration of tests and quizzes
- Instructor-Led Training: Instructor-led training enables for design of classes that are led by an instructor.
- Performance reviews/360 feedback: Employees performance can be compared to make promotion and compensation decisions. 360 degree feedback can be included in feedback process
- Interactive Content: Interactive content contain interactive content for courses
- Video Content: Contains video content to supplement course material
- Learning Paths: Creates sequences of classes which must be taken in a specific order
- 24/7 Availability: Enables access to courses 24/7.
- Communication & Notifications: Provides functionality to communicate and send notifications to users.
- Assignment Scheduling: Enables users to plan assignments and dispense them automatically.
- Gamification: Motivates users by tracking points, achievements, and badges.
- Varied User types: Limits user access to certain functionality and courses
- Certifications: Provides custom certifications to distribute after course completion
- Customization: Create custom objects, fields, rules, calculations, and views
- Integration APIs: Integration of data, logic, objects, etc with other software applications
- Internationalization: Enables users to view and transact business with the same content in multiple languages and currencies.
- User, Role, and Access Management: Grant access to select data, features, objects, etc. based on the users, user role, groups, etc.
- Performance and Reliability Software is consistently available (uptime) and allows users to complete tasks quickly because they are not waiting for the software to respond to an action they took.
- Mobile User Support Access/manage courses through mobile Reporting
- Standard reports as well as the ability to create ad-hoc reports.
- Dashboards An easy to read, often single page, real-time user interface, showing a graphical presentation of the current status and historical trends of an organization’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to enable instantaneous and informed decisions to be made at a glance
- E-Commerce: Enables user to sell their courses and receive compensation electronically.
- Course Marketplace: Enables users to purchase and consume courses via an online marketplace.
- Subscriptions: Enables user to sell and manage subscriptions to created courses.
- White Labeling: Customizes account to with homepage branding, personalized URL, and more
- Multilingual: Provides multiple language choices. </ul> So how do you evaluate a Learning Management Platform (LMS) for your company? Our next blog covers it here. In this series: List of features across various LMS
Benefits of LMS
How to decide the best LMS for your business
What are learning management systems?