How to ask for a raise
Barbara Corcoran reveals how to ask for a raise
According to Barbara Corcoran, a real-estate entrepreneur - the methods to get a raise are really simple.
- Make an appointment to ask for a raise
- Make a list of job responsibilities when you started in the company vs now
- If you have another offer outside, discuss with your manager indicating you're still loyal to the company and would love to stay
- Managers who value their sub-ordinates will make offers to stay
- And if they don't, it is best to take the other job offer
Barbara emphasises that women often don’t ask for raise, but men do. And those who ask for raises are the ones who get them - so better ask!